On August 18, 1898, Bethlehem Baptist Church was organized and established at the Center Point School in Northeastern Cleveland County. In 1904, property was purchased for $25 cash in the Franklin Community. The church was relocated and renamed First Missionary Baptist Church of Franklin, Oklahoma. During this same year, the original church building was constructed.
God continued to bless and in June of 1924, Sunday School was offered in the church for the first time. In the next year, it was voted to enlarge the building to house growth. At some point between the years of 1924-1940, there was a change to the present name of Franklin Baptist Church.
Throughout the years, men were called to serve as pastors; deacons and boards were elected; piano and songbooks were purchased and in 1934, the building was remodeled and enlarged for this growing and faithful body of believers. Franklin Baptist Church continued to serve God in this community, undergoing several renovation projects. In 2014, under the direction of Pastor Brent Parsons, the construction of a beautiful new worship center was completed. Just a few short years later in 2017, the adjoining property formerly housing Franklin United Methodist Church, was purchased and remodeled to accommodate church growth, providing room for the ever-growing expansion of Franklin Baptist Church’s Sunday School and Worship Services, as well as increasing opportunities for children, youth, adult and outreach ministries.
Franklin Baptist Church is rich in history and blessings, but most important of all, the future shines brightly as we continue to grow in the perfect will and purpose of our Heavenly Father. It is great to be part of the Family of God, believing-loving-serving, in the Franklin community and surrounding Norman area.